3/12/2011

Gerardo Lazaro is hyperthinking...

It has been a great ride since I started using technology in teaching in 2008. After a few months, I introduced myself to the universe of technology and its potentisal uses for education, communications and life in general.
However, something that I didn't realize until a few months ago, is that while I speak to friends and people in general, one of those moments that usually happen in your living room, and we're discussing about any topic, I constantly have hyperthoughts. What is hyperthinking? I'm not sure that's a valid word, but it's the best I can use to explain that everytime I'm thinking I'm having a series of hyperlink activity in my brain. I hear something about Peru, and I imagine the latest YouTube video about it. If I hear about psychology, then I share that there's a great course in iTunes that is free and available to anybody, and so on, and so on.
Is that a consequence? Or, is it part of the phenomenon that prompted me to use media and internet resources in general?
Is our brain getting used to think in terms of hyperlinks?
help me answer these questions and let me know if you go thorugh the same process, or is it about time to call the nearest psychiatrist?

3 comments:

  1. Liked your post!
    Our minds and the students' work in social media / hyperlinked mode :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. like your blog !!!! See u in SEE Summit next week !! Nos vemos !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely how we want to get students to start thinking, especially about educational topics. It shows that you are making connections!

    ReplyDelete

 
Clicky Web Analytics